1 Feb 2011

Training pt2

Putting God first is a decision of the will. Amy shares some helpful tips on how to prioritise your growth in God.


Now this is a huge area and there could be loads that I could say but I want to pick four areas that we can get focussed. Over the next couple of days we’ll look at a different area each day. Up for this New Year Challenge? Ready…Set…GO!


1. Getting to know God more. I don’t know if you’re like me but sometimes I can feel that I know God; there’s nothing more to know. I’ve been a Christian for years surely I know it all. End of… WRONG. God is knowable yet unknowable at the same time! He is so much bigger than I can imagine, my teeny brain can only comprehend the little that I know about God- and that’s still mind blowing! Although there’s so much that we won’t know about God or understand him fully that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t bother learning more. In Colossians 1:10 it says that we should spend our lives ‘increasing in the knowledge of God’.
Putting it into practice: Read about God. The Bible is probably the best place to start! Reading stories in the Old Testament are really good for learning about God’s character.
Alongside the Bible why not read a book about God. I’d totally recommend ‘Incomparable’ by Andrew Wilson to learn more about our awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment