15 Mar 2011

Everything means EVERYTHING

Part 1 in a series of blogs about how being a Christian means that you're totally secure in your relationship with God and the world.

In the book of Romans in the New Testament Paul writes this:

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.”
8:28

Reflections
I could not love God if I had not been called. The Bible says that no one seeks after God. And that we are born into sin. My natural, fleshly heart is not only cold toward God but is opposed to His purposes. I am anti-God by nature.

But, something has changed within me. I know that I love God. In fact, I not only love Him but I want to give my life to pursue Him and know Him more. What’s changed then?! I have been born again! The old has passed away and the new has come.

Now it is true of me that I have been called by God and so love God, and since I love God and have been called by God, the rest of this verse also applies to me!

Two points of application are in this verse:
1. All things work together for good!
2. He has a purpose for my life!

All things work together for good; that means everything. Nothing finds its way out of this verse! Whether insults or encouragements; failures or successes; hurt or joy. Whatever it is, God works it together for my good. I need not fear anything since I know that everything works together for good. If only I lived and thought like this were true, my life would be so transformed! Nothing is going to happen to me that God does not plan to use for good.

I can be sure of this since the second part of the verse tells me that God has a purpose for my life: to live out His purpose for my life. Since it is His purpose that I have been called according to, I should make it my aim to always stick close to Him. And God’s ultimate purpose for my life is for me to be conformed to the image of His son, Jesus.

Believe it – it’s true!

No comments:

Post a Comment