2 Sept 2011

New Impacter on the Scene

Hi there!!
So I’m Lizzie White the new Impacter this year….I know not much of a surprise! A few things you didn’t know I am from Poole in Dorset, lived there my whole life and is possible one of the most amazing and beautiful places to grow up! I couldn’t possible pick a favourite musician but I love music similar to Ed Sheeran, Example, Snow Patrol and Vampire weekend. The last C.D I bought was Example, quality album!

I’m not a big reader but the last book I read was ‘embracing the poor’, talked about three different types of poor and how God can use us to help each of them not just financially and practically but spiritually also (amazing)! I think if I had a night off I would either go out for drinks with friends, watch a movie in or catch up with old friends that I haven’t seen in a while. Like meeting up with my friends! So I’ve just graduated Uni where I studied Sport and Exercise Science (I know I’m well old), which focused on effects in the body during exercise in different environments, really good course but no idea what it can lead to!!

So about being a Christian, I think I started going to church when I was 13 but can’t truthfully say I started living my life fully for God until I was about 18/19 years old. I originally went to church as it was the first place I wasn’t bullied but wasn’t until I met with God and started to see a change in my life that I actually started to live my life as a Christian. Over the years God has put me through some really exciting but a lot of hard times have come too, but has always protected me and kept me safe. I get excited by Gods plans for me and waiting for him to use me by showing his trust, protection and faithfulness which has always pushed me closer to him. I think that the thing I’m most excited about this year is seeing what God will do in our youth group. At Newday this year God met with them in amazing ways and really revealed his truth to them and I just can’t wait to see him break into hearts this year and continue the work in which he started in them. Praise God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment