27 Sept 2011

Romania Romania Romania

As you know next July we are planning a Missions Trip to Romania! Not only will this be an experience of a life time it will also be a time or real reliance on God and a time of seeking, listening and obeying him!


So about Romania: Romania has a population of 21.9 million people and is the seventh largest country in Europe. The country is situated in Eastern Europe, below Ukraine and above Bulgaria, next to the Black sea. Romania is a secular state and has no state religion. However 86.7% of Romanians identify themselves as Christians with 4.7% Catholics. There is also a growing Muslim minority in the western parts of the country. Romania is a place where we have connections through the church which gives us great opportunity to use this connection to spread Gods name. This would be a great experience to jump on board with, living and learning about a new culture gives us a real revelation about the world and how people (not just in England) need to hear Gods word.

When I was 18 years old, I went on a missions trip to Valencia, It was without a doubt the most amazing time I’ve had spent with God and trusting him. Each day we went out treasure hunting, prophetic evangelism, praying for others, worship on the streets and just glorifying God’s name in a catholic Society. Even though their were some hard moments God’s faith prevailed and we saw some amazing things that week. By trusting in him and trusting in ourselves that God was leading us, allowed us to have some amazing conversations about a God that loved them. This for me strengthened my relationship with God and really built up my faith in him which was limited before I went. God has blessed me through it with prophetic gifting in which I love to exercise. That trip not only shaped me but in a few weeks could see the enormity of God and his love and protection over us!

This is why I encourage Romania to you, Jesus said “Go and make disciples of all Nations” (Matthew 28:19). If we are listening to God then we will follow! Not everyone has had a chance to hear the Gospel and now is the chance for us to tell people about Jesus and spread his Holy name. If you are worried about money... don’t be! Pray about it, seek God and he will reveal things to you! If you are worried about protection... pray about it because God is a God of protection. “Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy. Let me dwell in your tent forever, let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings” (Psalm 61:2-3).

As it says in Matthew 6: 25-34 “Do not worry O ye of little faith” for God is a provider of what we need and will provide for us. God knows we worry about things and are anxious and nervous but don’t be for the Lord our God is with us and he will love and comfort us. Romania will be an amazing experience to enter into a deeper relationship with him, building up your faith and stepping out of the boat and walking on water with Jesus!

“When I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me” (Psalm 56:3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment